Does Hair Transplant Work
Does Hair Transplant Work is an article that aims to give you all the information you do not know about Does Hair Transplant Work and more. We kindly shared the main headings with you;
- What is Hair Transplantation?
- What are Hair Root and Graft?
- What are the Causes of Hair Loss?
- Who is suitable for hair transplantation?
- What are Hair Transplantation Methods?
- What is FUE Hair Transplant Method?
- What is Hair Transplantation with Sapphire Tip?
- What are the Advantages of the FUE Method?
- Things to Consider Before Hair Transplant
- Things to Consider After Hair Transplant
- What Happens After Hair Transplantation?
- Does Hair Transplant Work?
What is Hair Transplantation?
The hair transplant method is the only permanent way to regain completely lost hair follicles. Hair follicles are destroyed as a result of hair loss due to genetic or external factors (or the combined effect of both factors). The permanent solution to baldness due to this is the microsurgical intervention preferred by patients since the 90s. Hair transplantation; It is the process of taking hair follicles (grafts) from the nape area behind the two ears, which we call the donor area, and transplanting them to the desired area. This area where the hair follicles are taken is called the donor area and genetically, the destruction of the hair follicles in the donor area can only be seen in very rare cases. The donor area may lose its quality of being a donor due to external factors such as physical trauma, accident, burning, or exposure to harmful chemicals.
Contrary to popular belief, hair transplantation is a complicated application. It is indispensable for the operation that the transplanted hair looks natural and that the area where we take the hair follicles is not damaged, and this affects the density and appearance of the hair that grows after transplantation. Therefore, it is definitely a process that should be carried out under the management of a team of experts in the field.
What are Hair Root and Graft?
Hair root; It is the structure that contains the bottom part of the hair, surrounded by hair-producing cells, which are embedded in the fat tissue in the skull.
A graft; is the structure extracted from the scalp where the hair follicles are located. There is a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4 hair follicles in each graft. Grafts are taken from the donor area and prepared for the area to be transplanted. Generally, before the transplantation, it is determined how many grafts the patient needs in the transplantation treatment. The number of grafts to be transplanted is a subject that differs from person to person. In hair transplantation treatment, grafts are usually taken from the nape area. Since hair loss in the nape region is very rare due to the genetic structure of the human, this region is used as a donor.
What are the Causes of Hair Loss?
The main causes of hair loss are genetic factors, excessive weight gain and loss, pregnancy and hormonal changes in women, nutritional disorders, drugs used, gender and ageing. The biggest cause of hair loss in men is androgen-related hair loss, which we call male pattern hair loss. Especially in people with genetic predisposition, as a result of the increase in androgen hormone after puberty, hair strands sensitive to this hormone become thinner and fall out after a while. This shedding usually occurs in the upper and apex of the scalp.
Another situation that causes hair loss is too much use of hair cosmetic products such as foam, gel, and hair spray. Such products kill the follicles in the hair follicles over time and your hair starts to fall out. An unhealthy diet and especially diets without protein can cause hair loss. Protein is of great importance for hair growth. For this reason, we recommend that you eat a protein-based diet after hair transplantation.
Who is suitable for hair transplantation?
Every individual with sufficient hair follicles in the donor area, that is, in the nape area, is a suitable candidate for hair transplantation. Hair transplantation is not suitable for people whose donor area is not in a position to cover the bald area at the desired level.
What are Hair Transplantation Methods?
Today, hair transplantation is one of the most preferred aesthetic surgery operations, especially by men. There are two different methods used in hair transplantation, which we call FUT, which has been used in the past, and FUE, which is used today. The FUE method has its own sub-methods. The specialist who will perform the procedure decides which procedure will be used for which patient. Hair transplantation with the right technique will significantly increase the success rate. For long-lasting and natural-looking hair, the process should be done by experts in a well-equipped clinic. From hair transplantation and graft removal to angle adjustment; It is a process that requires considerable experience and care, from root determination to the first wash.
What is FUE Hair Transplant Method?
In the FUE hair transplantation method, hair follicles are collected one by one. It is a newer and more comfortable method compared to the FUT technique. Local anaesthesia is given to the patient first. Depending on the patient’s needs and suitability (hair density in the hairy area), up to 6000 grafts can be taken in a single session. In this method, it is necessary to work very carefully in order not to damage the donor area. After the procedure, there is no scar in the donor area. In most procedures, the hair is shaved before starting the hair transplantation, but unshaven hair transplantation can also be performed according to the patient’s suitability. In some cases, depending on the patient’s condition, the hair on the body and the beard can be rooted in the same way and used for planting.
What is Hair Transplantation with Sapphire Tip?
FUE method is developing day by day. One of these developments is the FUE technique with Sapphire tip. In the application with a sapphire tip, the recovery time is much shorter, the patient’s comfort increases, and it allows us to reach denser hair by opening channels at narrower intervals. Also Hybrid FUE; is an FUE method that provides a combination of micromotor and manual extraction techniques, allowing more intense hair growth in a shorter time.
What are the Advantages of the FUE Method?
If this method is applied correctly and with a professional team, the success rate is very high. The hair follicles used in the transplanted area do not shed and therefore remain permanent for life. One of the most important advantages of the FUE method is that the transplanted hair continues to grow for a lifetime. Since no incision is taken in the FUE hair transplant technique, there is no need for stitches or scalpels. There is no trace in the area where the planting takes place. FUE hair transplantation method is suitable for men and women.
Things to Consider Before Hair Transplant
- Cutting alcohol consumption one week before the procedure or reducing it as much as possible will ensure that the hair transplant operation and the post-operative recovery process are healthy.
- It is recommended to cut down on beverages such as coffee and energy drinks containing high amounts of caffeine/taurine or to minimize consumption one week before the procedure.
- Stopping or minimizing cigarette consumption at least one week before the procedure is highly recommended in terms of recovery.
- It is recommended that those who use blood thinners (anticoagulants) notify their physician and interrupt or reduce the drugs in line with the physician’s recommendations one week before the operation.
- It is recommended that those who use blood coagulation drugs should notify their physician and interrupt or reduce the drugs one week before the operation in line with their physician’s recommendations.
- It is recommended that those who have diabetes, blood pressure or any other chronic disease should inform their physician.
- Except for the possible recommendations of your doctor, a maximum of one week before the procedure day; hair serum, hair gel, wax (hair polish), styling conditioner, tonic etc. Stop using hair products.
- It is recommended that you choose wide clothes that will not rub against your scalp while wearing/removing them on the day of the procedure, that you wear a shirt that does not come off your neck, and that you dress comfortably and bring spare clothes with you since the procedure is a relatively long procedure.
- If you have a vacation plan in the near future after the operation, you will need to talk to your doctor and make the post-transplant planning from the beginning.
Things to Consider After Hair Transplant
- Until one week after the procedure, it is recommended to cut down on beverages such as alcohol and beverages containing high amounts of caffeine, and energy drinks, or to minimize consumption.
- It is recommended to cut tobacco products such as cigarettes and cigars or to minimize consumption until one week after the procedure.
- It is not recommended to wash the hair for the first three days unless your doctor has directed you to the contrary after the procedure.
- It is not recommended to enter the Turkish bath, sauna, steam room and pool for the first three months unless your doctor has directed you to the contrary after the procedure.
- Extreme heat, extreme cold and extremely humid environments should be avoided, especially for 15 days after the procedure.
- Unless directed by your doctor to the contrary, after the procedure, it is recommended not to swim for 1.5 months, and to protect the transplanted area well from the sun for the first 3 months (not sunbathing, and also use protective creams and equipment if your doctor recommends).
- Intense physical activity (cardio/fitness/intensive weight lifting/strength training, physical work, etc.) should definitely be avoided for the first 1 month after the procedure. If these activities are to be done in the first 3 months, they should only be done with care and under the direction of your doctor.
- It is recommended not to have sexual intercourse for the first 15 days after the procedure.
- After hair transplantation, many people instinctively show the behaviour of controlling the transplanted area or the donor area by touching them with their hands. This behaviour should be avoided, especially in the first month.
What Happens After Hair Transplantation?
- For the first three days after sowing, the donor area (nape area) is wrapped with a bandage, and the transplanted area should be left open. Especially in the first week, the area where hair transplantation is performed should be protected from trauma. Slight bleeding may occur after the procedure. This is normal. Crusting starts from the second day of sowing. There is no harm in lying on the bandaged nape area. Crusting can be seen in the planting area for 8-10 days. These crusts are thin crusts that look like dandruff and disappear with washing. After 10 days, these crusts disappear completely. Leaving the transplanted area open is important in terms of accelerating healing. However, it should not be exposed to the sun’s rays too much.
- Shock shedding is observed in the process after hair transplantation. These spills are usually seen between the 2nd week and the 2nd month and are normal. As a result of shedding, only a few hairs remain in the transplanted area. Sometimes there may be numbness and numbness in the head.
- At the end of 3 months, the shock shedding process ends and the transplanted hair begins to grow. It can be observed that the newly emerging hair strands are curly due to the adaptation process and it is a normal situation. The newly emerging hair strands will be straightened between 6 months and 1 year and you will achieve the desired appearance.
Does Hair Transplant Work?
A hair transplant really works. Hair transplantation is a system that always works and ensures that new hair grows as soon as possible. It is not a promise or a claim that hair transplantation will work. Because there is a case that has been proven. Let’s just say that this is medical. The transplanted scalp is taken from the back of the head and placed in the bald spot. Because it is not different tissue, the transplanted tissue is not rejected. Color, texture, growth rate, and curl are all retained in the transplanted hair. For this reason, it is always recommended for those who have a question mark about hair transplantation to put them aside.
Does Hair Transplant Work Summary (Price, Duration Time, Hospitalization)
|Operation Number||1 or more||Time to return to work||7 days|
|Operation Time||4-8 hours||Recovery||2-5 days|
|Anaesthesia||Local Anesthesia||Persistence of Results||Permanent|
|Sensitivity Time||7-14 days||Hospital Stay||1 night|