Almond Eyes Surgery
Almond Eyes Surgery is an article that aims to give you all the information you do not know about almond eyes surgery. We kindly shared the main headings with you;
What is almond eyes surgery?
Almond eye surgery aims to provide the appearance of having more almond-shaped eyes. This quick procedure can enhance the eyes’ distinct features and attractiveness. Its goal is to give the eyes a more symmetrical and visually appealing appearance by altering the eyelids and surrounding tissues.
Almond eye surgery, or almond eye aesthetics as it is more commonly called, has been a popular cosmetic procedure among both men and women in recent years. Women who have almond eye aesthetics, also known as slanted eyes, don’t have to worry about spending hours applying cosmetics to highlight the margins of their eyes.
What is the aim of almond eyes surgery?
The main goals of lateral canthoplasty are to:
Eye Shape Modification
The procedure can be used to alter the shape of the eyes, making them appear more “almond-shaped” or creating a specific desired aesthetic.
Almond eye surgery, also known as lateral canthoplasty, can help tighten the eyelid and improve the support of the lateral canthus, which can be beneficial for people with laxity or drooping in the outer corner of the eye.
In some cases, almond eye surgery is performed to correct abnormalities or conditions affecting the outer corner of the eye, such as ectropion (outward-turning of the eyelid) or canthal dystopia (misalignment of the outer canthi).
Who can be a candidate for almond eyes surgery?
Almond eye surgery is for cosmetic purposes. Thus, it is important that the patient wants an almond-shaped eye. Those who want to have almond-shaped eyes can be candidates for the surgery. The wish of having almond-shaped eyes is important because if the patient does not like the shape after the surgery, they will need to go through a second operation.
In addition, the patient’s eye structure should be proper for the surgery. Men and women who already have naturally slanted eyes may look odd if they go through this surgery. Downward-slanting eye shapes that make one look exhausted are extremely ideal for this operation.
Is almond eyes surgery permanent?
Almond eye surgery is generally considered to be a permanent procedure. During the surgery, the surgeon makes changes to the outer corner of the eye by repositioning the lateral canthus and securing it with sutures. Once the tissues have healed and the sutures have dissolved or been removed, the new position of the lateral canthus should be stable.
However, it’s important to note that while almond eye surgery itself is considered permanent, the aging process and other factors can still affect the appearance of the eyes over time. For example, natural aging can lead to changes in the skin and supporting tissues around the eyes, which might alter the appearance of the almond eyes surgery results.
Additionally, as with any surgical procedure, there is always a small chance of complications or unexpected outcomes that might require further corrective measures.
To maintain the best possible results and reduce the impact of aging on the eyes, it’s essential to follow post-operative instructions provided by the surgeon, practice good skin care, and protect the eyes from excessive sun exposure. Regular follow-up visits with the surgeon can also help monitor the long-term results of the lateral canthoplasty.
How long does almond eyes surgery take?
The duration of an almond eye procedure can vary depending on several factors, including the complexity of the surgery, the surgeon’s experience, and whether it is performed as a standalone procedure or combined with other eye surgeries. On average, the surgery typically takes around 1 to 2 hours.
Keep in mind that the actual time spent in surgery may not reflect the overall time you spend at the surgical facility. Pre-operative preparation, post-operative recovery, and consultation with the surgeon can add to the overall time you spend at the medical facility on the day of the procedure.
It’s essential to have a detailed discussion with your surgeon during the consultation to understand the specific details of the almond eye surgery, the expected duration, and the recovery process. They will also be able to provide personalized information based on your unique situation and medical history.
How does almond eyes surgery happen?
Almond eye surgery is a procedure that involves surgery. It can be done using local anesthesia, in which just the operated area is numbed with medicines, or general anesthesia, in which the patient is completely asleep. Although local anesthesia is used, the patient will not feel any pain.
During the surgery, incisions outside the lower eyelids will be made. Retractor bands will be put through the incisions that will go inside the eye and around the upper cheekbones. As a result, the patient’s eyelid will be moved upward. Also, spacer grafts will be used to make sure that the retractor band does not get reattached. By this, a vertical length will be given to the eye.
Is there any side effects of almond eyes surgery?
Below are side effects that can be experienced temporarily after the almond eye surgery:
- Mild bleeding
If you are experiencing any of the side effects, your doctor will prescribe you antibiotics or painkillers. These side effects should go away after two weeks.
How does recovery after almond eyes surgery happen?
Recovery after the almond eye surgery is an essential phase in achieving successful results and healing properly. The exact recovery process can vary from person to person, but here is a general overview of what you can typically expect:
Immediate Post-Operative Period
- After the surgery, you will be taken to a recovery area, where medical staff will monitor your vital signs and ensure you are comfortable.
- Your eyes may be covered with bandages or a protective dressing to minimize swelling and promote healing.
- You may experience some discomfort, bruising, and swelling around the surgical site. Pain medication prescribed by your surgeon can help manage any post-operative discomfort.
- It’s normal to have blurry vision and sensitivity to light for a short period after the surgery.
During the first week
- You should take it easy and avoid any strenuous activities that could put stress on the surgical site.
- Your surgeon may recommend using cold compresses to reduce swelling and bruising.
- It’s essential to keep your head elevated while resting to further reduce swelling.
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions on wound care, which may include keeping the area clean and avoiding rubbing or touching the eyes.
- Swelling and bruising should gradually improve during the first month, but some mild swelling may persist.
- You may need to use lubricating eye drops or ointments as prescribed by your surgeon to keep your eyes moist and comfortable.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses until your surgeon gives you the green light to do so.
- As your eyes heal, you may notice changes in the appearance of the almond eye surgery results.
First Few Months
- It may take a few months for the final results of the almond eye surgery to become apparent as the tissues fully heal and settle.
- Attend follow-up appointments with your surgeon as scheduled to monitor your progress and address any concerns.
- After the initial healing period, the results of lateral canthoplasty are considered permanent, but natural aging processes can still affect the appearance of the eyes over time.
- Protect your eyes from excessive sun exposure by wearing sunglasses with UV protection.
- Throughout the recovery process, it’s crucial to follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions diligently. If you have any concerns or notice any unusual symptoms during your recovery, don’t hesitate to contact your surgeon for guidance. Every individual heals differently, so be patient with the recovery process and give your eyes ample time to heal properly.
|Anesthesia type||General/local||Hospital stay||0-1 day|
|Duration of the surgery||1-2 hours||When to return to work||5-7 days|
Bella Hadid’s eyes
Bella Hadid, an American model, is known for her unique and captivating appearance, including her striking eyes. While Bella Hadid’s eyes are often praised for their beauty, it’s important to remember that beauty standards and perceptions of eye appearance can vary among individuals.
Bella Hadid’s eyes are often described as having a captivating almond shape, which is a feature that many people find attractive. Her eyes are typically noted for their symmetry, deep-set appearance, and dark brown color. The combination of these features contributes to her overall stunning and alluring look.
It’s worth mentioning that Bella Hadid’s appearance is not solely defined by her eyes but is a result of the interplay of various facial features, genetics, and her own unique style. Beauty is subjective, and different people may find different features attractive.
It’s essential to celebrate and appreciate individual beauty diversity and remember that everyone’s eyes, regardless of their appearance, are special and unique. Beauty comes in many forms, and it’s essential to embrace and respect our own individuality and that of others.
You can use the below cost calculator to determine the price of your treatment and create your own package.