Ear Correction in Turkey
Ear Correction in Turkey is an article that aims to give you all the information you do not know about Ear Correction in Turkey and more. We kindly shared the main headings with you;
- What is Ear Correction (Otoplasty)?
- Patient Profile
- Who are Good Candidates for Otoplasty?
- Otoplasty Procedure
- Types of Otoplasty
- Before Surgery
- Risks and Side Effects
- Ear Correction in Turkey Cost
- Ear Correction in Turkey Recovery Timeline
- Why Choose a Clinic in Turkey?
- Ear Correction in Turkey – Treatment Summary
What is Ear Correction (Otoplasty)?
Otoplasty or ear surgery is plastic surgery to correct aesthetic or functional problems in the ear area. This procedure can reposition and reshape the ear and correct any structural problems or deformities associated with the injury.
Otoplasty is a procedure of great interest for both cosmetic and reconstructive purposes. In the first, patients seek to correct aesthetic problems such as protruding, deformed, deformed, or too large ears, while reconstructive surgery is performed to correct structural problems that were present at birth or caused by injury.
For ear correction surgery in Turkey, you must be healthy and ideally a non-smoker.
Otoplasties can be performed safely in healthy children and are most often performed on children starting at an age when their ear cartilage is sufficiently developed, usually as early as five years of age.
Who are Good Candidates for Otoplasty?
If you are planning an otoplasty, here are the characteristics of a good candidate for this cosmetic surgery:
Healthy children, adolescents, and people without life-threatening conditions or uncontrolled recurring ear infections.
- A child who is 5 years old and usually in good health.
- If you want, you can wear a headband before going to bed so the new wipes really “cool down.”
- People without ongoing or undetected health problems in the elderly could hinder recovery.
- Regardless of the patient’s condition, they have a good attitude and reasonable expectations for the outcome of the procedure.
Otoplasty usually takes two to three hours and is performed under general, local, or intravenous sedation.
In most cases, the incision is made behind the ear or in front, within the natural contour of the ear, to make the incision less visible during the healing process. Cartilage is formed and sutures are needed to close the incision.
Types of Otoplasty
1- Incisionless Otoplasty:
One of the otoplasty procedures used to treat protruding ears is cut-out otoplasty. While other surgical treatments can be used to correct the condition, otoplasty without incisors is a minimally invasive surgery with a shorter recovery time and reduced risk of problems.
2- Lop-Ear Otoplasty:
Lop-ear otoplasty is a surgical treatment to treat ear deformities, also known as ear deformities, in which the top of the ear bends forward. The severity of these malformations varies from mild to severe. Folding the top of the ear can hide the natural details of the ear, make the ear look very small, and make the ear “pop” more than usual. Currently, clinics in Turkey offer you the best chance of getting it removed.
3- One Ear Otoplasty:
The otoplasty technique should only be operated on one patient’s ear. As usual with other otoplasty techniques, the main goal is to correct imperfections or improve appearance. To achieve this, the surgeon simply changes the shape of the pinna or outer ear. So, if you are considering a new look with ear correction only, you should go for ear correction in Turkey.
- The following may be required from you before ear correction in Turkey:
- Receiving tests for medical evaluation
- No nicotine
- Abstinence from aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements
- Taking certain medications or adjusting current medications
Risks and Side Effects
Like any surgery, otoplasty can be risky. Here are the potential risks:
- Scars: Although scars are lifelong, they are closed behind or between the folds in your ear.
- Asymmetrical ear position: This can lead to the development of changes that occur during the recovery period. In addition, surgery may not be able to correct an existing imbalance.
- Changes in Tissue Sensitivity: Moving your ear during an otoplasty can temporarily change how your skin feels. Change is rarely irreversible.
- Occurrence of an allergic reaction: Possible allergic reaction to medical tape or other objects used during or after treatment.
Ear Correction in Turkey Cost
The cost of ear correction in Turkey can vary greatly depending on the experience of the surgeon and the exact nature of the procedure. The cost of otoplasty in Turkey and many other plastic surgery procedures is much lower than in Europe and the United States.
Health insurance for your otoplasty depends on whether it is a cosmetic or reconstructive procedure. You should carefully review your health insurance company’s policy regarding this procedure and ask for the necessary documentation if you have health insurance coverage.
Always find out the full price, which considers the cost of the operation and additional costs such as anesthesia fees, operating room, and hospital fees, examinations, the price of a second surgery, if necessary, etc.
Ear Correction in Turkey Recovery Timeline
If you’re thinking about performing an otoplasty yourself, one of your main concerns will of course be recovery time. The good news is that in most cases, you won’t have to spend too much time recovering after the procedure.
Most patients can expect a recovery time of at least 6 weeks after the otoplasty procedure. However, in just 2 or 3 weeks you will notice a significant improvement in the appearance and shape of your ears.
- After your otoplasty, the discomfort and swelling in and around your ear will be limited. And to keep the ears covered and protected, most patients need to wear compression garments. Make sure you follow all your doctor’s prescriptions, including antibiotics if needed.
- Keep a restorative headband around your ears for the first few days after surgery. Most of the initial swelling associated with the otoplasty will subside by day three. and the associated pain should go away.
- The swelling will continue to go down. Around day 10, many patients may decide to return to work or school. However, this can vary depending on the type of work, degree of swelling, and other factors. You may also need to wear a headband at night for the next six weeks.
- After 3 months most of the swelling will be gone. Keep consulting your doctor to make sure everything is in good condition after this time.
- Some people may take longer to fully recover. Your ears will be fully healed and look beautiful by the end of the first year.
- Actual recovery time depends on various personal factors. This includes your own health and constitution, your age, and specific information about your ear correction.
What to Expect After Surgery?
- You must remain in bed for at least 24 hours after you return from surgery. To reduce swelling, keep your head straight and high. Avoid lying on your side as this puts too much pressure on your ears.
- During the first few weeks, your doctor will likely advise you to wear an earmold reconstruction headgear as a compress. This will protect your ears and help you heal faster. Try not to sleep on your side during this time. To keep your ears steady, you need to sleep on your back.
- After about 4 months, your ear should have completely healed, and you should be able to sleep soundly in any position.
- Remember that patient outcome also depends on their own treatment plan and recovery process. Always consult your doctor with any questions or concerns.
Otoplasty Post Surgery Care
Otoplasty often referred to as ear surgery or ear pinching, is one of the most popular facial plastic surgery procedures worldwide. Many patients are dissatisfied with the disproportionate shape, volume, or protrusion of the ear and desire to correct this cosmetic problem but may not know how to care for themselves after surgery.
Here are the points to follow after surgery to take care of yourself as best as possible;
- For the first few weeks after treatment, you should keep your head as straight as possible to ensure normal blood flow.
- Avoid using a hairdryer or other heated styling equipment and avoid using high heat.
- Make sure you take the medications your doctor prescribes exactly as directed and set reminders, so you don’t forget them.
- A nutritious diet will help you recover more quickly and effectively from ear surgery.
- In short, you can take care of yourself at home with simple steps.
Why Choose a Clinic in Turkey?
Due to affordable prices, Turkey has become the most popular destination for cosmetic surgery. However, this is not the only reason. Another reason is that you can easily find qualified and trained surgeons in Turkey who will discuss the following topics with you during your otoplasty consultation:
- surgical purpose
- medical history
- Recent substance use, including prescriptions, dietary supplements, alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes
- Current state of health
- Expected results
- Postoperative care and possible difficulties
As you can see, surgeons are eager to give you the best possible outcome. So, if you are considering having an otoplasty or any other surgical procedure abroad, Turkey should be your first choice. Medical Center Turkey cooperates with the best doctors and clinics for any plastic surgery to get the best results and experience in Turkey.
Does health insurance pay for otoplasty?
Anyone considering otoplasty surgery wants to know the answers to popular questions. The question is, does your health insurance company cover the costs?
In most cases, otoplasty is not paid for by health insurance companies. Otoplasties are usually considered purely aesthetic and are not therapeutically necessary. If an otoplasty is performed to treat a birth defect or genetic disorder, your insurance company may pay for the procedure.
Is otoplasty worth it?
While an otoplasty is rarely necessary, it can help you regain confidence and feel good about your own face. If you have the means, otoplasty is definitely worth it as it is a low-risk procedure with excellent efficacy and satisfaction.
What is the best age for an otoplasty?
When the ear is fully developed, otoplasty is a relatively reliable treatment that can be performed at any time. This occurs around age five, so most ear fixation surgeries are performed on children between the ages of five and seven.
Will my ears relax after the otoplasty?
As your ears recover and relax in their recovering state after treatment, their posture may vary to some extent. This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. You will never look the same again as before the procedure.
How long does it take to get an otoplasty in Turkey?
You will need to stay in Turkey for at least five days after the operation to be able to carry out the initial examination and evaluate the results.
Is otoplasty safe in Turkey?
Surgeons in Turkey have a very strict training system that allows them to advance in their field. In addition, surgeons in Turkey can see many different patients during their training. Therefore, people from abroad come to Istanbul, Turkey for otoplasty. Patients can get the best results from otoplasty in Turkey. So, the answer is yes, it is safe to do otoplasty in Turkey.
Why is ear correction surgery cheap in Turkey?
You may wonder why cosmetic surgery, especially ear correction surgery, makes so much sense in Turkey under such favorable conditions. Low cost of living, taxes, foreign exchange, and government subsidies contribute to low prices, enabling Turkish clinics to provide quality services at reasonable prices. In addition, Turkish clinics offer a complete package at a reasonable price, covering a wide range of therapies that will cost more on an individual basis.
When is the best time to have an otoplasty?
Growth and changes in the pinna occur throughout most of life, but the greatest changes are still associated with childhood. Ear plastic surgery can be done from the age of five years. For some children, ear tilt is a source of serious psychological distress due to constant ridicule from peers, as well as the feeling that they are different from them. Timely surgery will not only save his nervous system but will also help increase his self-esteem in the future.
Ear Correction Surgery Cost in Turkey Summary (Price, Duration Time, Hospitalization)
|Operation Number||1||Time to return to work||1 week|
|Operation Time||1-2 hours||Recovery||6 weeks|
|Anesthesia||Local Anesthesia||Persistence of Results||Permanent|
|Sensitivity Time||6 week||Hospital Stay||none|